Update: Ubisoft's confirmed a 5th March release date for the PC edition of Assassin's Creed II [and not Mass Effect 2, obviously. Idiot - Ed] in Europe. That means we get the game earlier than the US. Shh, don't brag.
Original story: Ubisoft has popped a 16th March date on the PC edition of Assassin's Creed II for North America.
There's still nothing more specific than Q1 2010 for Europe, although we're hounding Ubisoft now.
The PC edition will be known as the Director's Cut, according to VG247, and contain both chunks of DLC: The Battle of Forli and the Bonfire of the Vanities. There's going to be an even snazzier Black Edition too, but there's no information on what is within.
Ubisoft's also announced the PC system requirements for the game, which will run on Windows Vista/XP/7.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz / AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
- RAM: 1.5GB (Windows XP) / 2GB (Windows Vista/7)
- Video: 256MB DirectX 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
- HDD: 8GB free space
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- RAM: N/A (presumably the more the better - it's an openworld game, you know)
- Video: GeForce 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
- Sound: 5.1 enabled card
Supported video cards at release are ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series; and NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series.