Fortnite Valentine's Day event is the game's first seasonal event since its launch in September last year.
The event introduces Valentine's Day skins, a new crossbow weapon type and a new quest for Save the World.
If you're just getting started, see out our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks for some helpful hints.
Fortnite Valentine's Day event start time, new skins and Cupid's Crossbow in 2.5.0.
The Fortnite Valentine's Day event update will begin on Wednesday, February 14th, with the arrival of patch 2.5.0, and will feature the following:
Valentine's Day-themed hero skins:
And a special Valentine's questline in Save the World, described by developer Epic as "A Love Story, told the Fortnite way. ;)".
What we don't know so far:
- The exact live time of the Valentine's Day event
- The cost of the Valentine's Day-themed skins
- Whether there will be more skins on top of the above
In the meantime, here's a sneak peek from Epic:
Aim for the ðŸ’œ pic.twitter.com/2TVMkUMELf— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 7, 2018
Note that though the Crossbow has been announced alongside the Valentine's Day event, it's actually available now as part of patch 2.4.2.
Make way! Weâ€™re back and V.2.4.2 is now available to try for yourself. Nock those arrows and try out the new Crossbow!— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 8, 2018
Fortnite patch 2.4.2 explained
Here are the patch notes for 2.4.2 from Epic Games, and is available now on all platforms.
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Crossbow added (see above section)
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
- Removed harsh high-frequency sound from the Chomp Jr pickaxe.
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.