Pokémon Go has a number of baby Pokémon you can only get through hatching Eggs - Togepi, PichuMagby, Elekid, Igglybuff, Smoochum , Cleffa and Gen 3's Azurill and Wynaut
Below, we'll explain how to get the new baby Pokémon and everything else you need to know about them.
How to get Baby Pokémon Togepi, Pichu, Magby, Elekid, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Cleffa, Azurill and Wynaut in Pokémon Go
We've a separate guide on egg-hatching for more details on that feature works, but the main takeaway here is that, if you want to catch these new Pokémon, you're going to need to get walking.
|Pokédex Number||Pokémon||Catch Method||Egg Distance km|
Catch or evolve from Togepi
Looking for more Pokémon go tips and tricks? December has seen the arrival of new Gen 3 Pokémon and weather effects, meaning changes to region exclusives, new Baby Pokémon and other additions to the Egg chart, plus two new Raid bosses and Shinies. If you're looking to complete the ever-expanding Pokédex, read about the various Special Items available as well as the various methods for determining Eevee evolutions.
How to evolve Togepi, catch Togetic, and other information you should know about the new baby Pokémon
There are a couple of other points these new additions have raised, that are well worth knowing:
- The frequency of these baby Pokémon appearing in Eggs will change during special events. The most recent is a Valentine's Day event update, which increases the rate of Cleffa, Igglybuff and Smoochum.
- Togetic can, it seems, be obtained by evolving Togepi.
- Togepi requires 50 Candy to evolve into Togetic.
- It appears that you'll need a new Egg, obtained after this new Pokémon update, in order to catch these Pokémon, rather than hatching one of your previous ones.
- Only second and third generation Pokémon are available currently, meaning no baby Pokémon like Munchlax or Happiny for now.