LA Noire's Reefer Madness is one of many cases on the Vice desk - and a DLC case in the original release - and follows on from The Black Caesar.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve Reefer Madness.
The Black Caesar
One of Ray's CIs has a hot tip, and so far nobody has died so it's almost like a holiday!
Location: Mike Lyman's Bar
Head to the bar and Roy will point the guy out. Speak to him to get your next location.
Location: Juan Garcia Cruz's Residence
When you arrive someone will start shooting at you, so head back to the car and grab a more substantial weapon from the trunk. Head along the fence to the left of the house and climb over into the back garden, enter through the kitchen door, and lay waste to the occupants before searching for Clues:
- Search the body in front of you - inside his jacket you'll find a Silver Dollar and an update to your POI list.
- There's a note on the boxes behind you bearing the cryptic word "Masangkay".
- The stack of boxes near the kitchen door will provide a new location.
- The newspaper in the bedroom next to the kitchen. (This isn't a collectible newspaper, just a clue.)
Head out to the shed in the back garden. There are some shelves on the wall with some tins on; look at the second can from the left on the central shelf to reveal a secret room containing some more Clues:
Check the ledger on the table and point out the Tijuana shipments.
Use the can opener to open one of the nearby cans. Opening a second one will earn you the "Soup in the Pot" trophy.
Location: Parnell's Soup Co. Factory
Speak to the receptionist then follow her upstairs to the office. Look in the Ledger and point out Jorge Garcia Cruz.
Interview Howard Parnell:
- Parnell's Soup Company: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Factory sealed cans: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Knowledge of Cruz brothers: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Inside Man Jorge Garcia: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Follow Parnell around the factory until he introduces you to Sergio. Look at the Ledger and pick out the order with 15 boxes, then speak to Sergio.
Interview Sergio Rojas:
- Factory sealed soup cans: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- 20th Century Market: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Juan's Silver Dollar.
Location: 20th Century Market
Chase the suspect down and give him a swift punching.
Interview Airto Sanchez:
- Knowledge of E.J.: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Juan's Silver Dollar.
- Parnell's Soup shipments: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Juan and Jorge Cruz: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Location: Parnell's Soup Co. Factory
After a quick shootout with the bad guys it's time to look for more Clues:
- The dead body nearest you will have Gunman's Silver Dollar clutched in his hand.
- Walk towards Roy and he'll point out the Boxed Drugs for you to examine.
- Follow the patrolman upstairs to the other dead body and check his shirt pocket for Jorge's Silver Dollar, and then look at the money in his hand.
Arrange the coins on the table so they spell out MASANGKAY METALS.
Need more assistance? Our LA Noire walkthrough and guide takes you through the details of every single case, step-by-step. In the open world meanwhile, we cover Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally how to complete LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - The Setup
Location: Masangkay Metals
Head left around the fence into the car park and follow it until you reach a point you can climb over, then head to the rear entrance for another shootout - you'll have to clear out both floors of the building.
OK, so somebody has died now, but if you're going to shoot at a cop what do you expect? Will these criminals never learn?