LA Noire's The Black Caesar is one of many cases on the Vice desk, following on from The Quarter Moon Murders.
If you're interested in help elsewhere, our LA Noire guide and walkthrough is well worth a visit. Otherwise, here's how to solve The Black Caesar.
The Black Caesar
You may have moved to a new department, but LA keeps being LA and some more dead bodies have turned up; with your Homicide experience and a drugs connection you're just the man for the job.
Location: Crime Scene
- On the floor is Wallet containing a drivers license and Numbers Slip.
- Popcorn cup from the Black Caesar.
- Examine the body in the chair.
- On the floor to the right of the body in the chair there are some Morphine Syrettes and another popcorn cup from the Black Caesar.
- In the kitchen on the worktop is another Black Caesar popcorn cup. Examine it closely to find Morphine taped to the bottom.
- On the dining room table there is a Strange Doodle and some sheet music.
- Examine the body on the floor. Look at the left arm to find track marks, and the shirt pocket to find a wallet with a driver's license and a Radio Station Note.
Head across the street to the Black Caesar.
Location: The Black Caesar
When you arrive the cook wil attempt to flee, so chase him down. Once you've caught him, look around the kitchen to find Clues:
- The cardboard box contains Morphine Syrettes.
- Examine the case on the floor to find a pass to the Blue Moon Jazz Club issued by Jermaine Jones. Examine the trumpet mute closely to find more Numbers Slips.
Interview Fleetwood Morgan:
- Morphine Overdose Victims: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Morphine for Distribution.
- Numbers Slips Recovered: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
Use the nearby telephone.
Location: Jones' Booking Agency
Look at the sign on the wall to learn it's in suite 238. After a brief conversation with Jones, search the room for Clues:
- Examine the radio next to the piano. Switch it on, then tune it to 275FM to reveal a secret compartment.
- Examine the Cash, Morphine Syrettes, a Numbers Slip, a bag of weed, and a sticker from Ramez Removals.
Interview Jermaine Jones:
- Army Surplus Morphine: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Link to Ramez Removals: Bad Cop (or Doubt in the original version).
- Involvement of Ottie: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Distributor Identified.
Use the telephone.
Location: Numbers Operation
- Examine the telephones on the table at the rear left of the room.
- Examine the slot machine. Spin the wheels, and Hold whenever the symbols from the Strange Doodle appear in the correct place (Cherry, Bell, Win) to reveal a secret compartment.
- Examine the Morphine Syrettes, Numbers Slips, and a sticker for Ramez Removals.
Merlon Ottie will make a run for it, so chase him down. Inside his cane is an IOU from Jose Ramez.
Interview Merlon Ottie:
- Army Surplus Morphine: Accuse (or Lie in the original version). Evidence: Finkelstein Identified
- IOU Note from Jose Ramez: Good Cop (or Truth in the original version).
Location: Ramez Removals
Look on the table to the left to find the Clues:
- A Newspaper.
- The Ledger. Point out Merlin Ottie and Polar Bear Ice Company.
Follow the trail of water through the piles of furniture, then climb the ladder and use the crane to move the crates blocking the door of the small room. Shoot one of the ice blocks to reveal a box of Morphine Syrettes.
Need more assistance? Our LA Noire walkthrough and guide takes you through the details of every single case, step-by-step. In the open world meanwhile, we cover Golden Reel locations, Badge Pursuit Challenge locations, Landmark locations, an outfits list, a hidden vehicles and cars list and finally how to complete LA Noire Street Crime side-quests.
Next case: LA Noire - Reefer Madness
After the cutscene, chase Jose Ramirez into the building and take him down.
Location: Polar Bear Ice Company
You'll need to shoot your way through some stiff opposition, but if you make use of cover and proceed carefully it shouldn't be too taxing.
Once you reach Finkelstein you'll get a short cut scene, and as soon as it's over empty your gun into him. Head round behind where he was standing and open the green wooden crates to find the motherlode.
Given your history the military connection makes this all the more troubling, but hopefully you've cut the supply off now.