Like the original, once a week - between Friday and Tuesday - Destiny 2 will be visited by a special vendor named Xur, selling hard-to-come-by gear. He's achieved cult status among the game's community as a result, and is worth paying a visit every week so you don't miss out on his wares.
Every Friday at 9am UK time, there are two things you want to know - Xur's location and what Xur is selling this week.
If you have been accumulating Legendary Shards and have no idea where to spend them, Xur is the person to visit.
Come back to this page to learn his new position and Exotic weapons and armour inventory as soon as he appears, and stay around to learn some of the other things he comes in handy for.
Where is Xur's location this week?
This week (November 17 to 21) Xur is located in the Titan patrol space. Head to The Rig then head towards the marker, drop down into the room and approach to see the inventory.
What is Xur selling this week?
The latest week of Xur in Destiny 2 once again has four Exotics to choose from - one weapon and an armour piece for each of the game's three classes. The items that Xur are selling this week are as follows:
- Hard Light (Auto Rifle) - 29 Legendary Shards
- Lucky Raspberry (Hunter Chest) - 23 Legendary Shards
- Synthoceps (Titan Gauntlets) - 23 Legendary Shards
- Karnstein Armlets (Warlock Gauntlets) - 23 Legendary Shards
The Power level of the Gear scales with your current level, capping out at a maximum of 270 (or technically, 265 with a +5 mod attached). Thanks to reader richtayls for bringing this to our attention!
What else should you know about what Xur sells and can do?
For those new to Destiny 2 - or returning from the original game and want to know what's different in the sequel - here's a primer on what Xur offers and what makes the vendor useful.
- Xur will sell an Exotic weapon and one armour piece for each of the three classes. Even if you aren't playing that class, you are free to buy any and all items on sale, and then stick them in the Vault for your other characters to use.
- The vendor trades in Legendary Shards and not Strange Coins, as with the original game.
- While Xur appeared in social spaces in the original, it appears the vendor will now show up in planetary patrol spaces instead.
- Traditionally Xur appeared in the game until 10am UK time on Sunday, however the vendor will now stick around until the weekly reset on Tuesday.
- The Exotic weapons and armour Xur sells aren't exclusive to the vendor, instead taking items from the pool of random Exotic drops already available in the game. There's a decent chance he'll have them back in stock in a future week, otherwise you try and get it through luck by decrypting Exotic Engrams.
- Xur will not sell certain Exotics, such as those available as part of Quest lines (including Rat King, Mida Multi-Tool and Legend of Acruis) as well as PlayStation exclusives.
- Each Exotic item is at 270 Power level - or technically 265 Power with a +5 mod attached. This is worth keeping in mind if you are using Exotics as Infusion fodder to level up your gear.
- In the original there were a handful of Quest lines that require you to visit Xur as part of completing them. If that's ever the case in the sequel, game will tell you when, so be sure to pay him a visit next time he's around and pick up the required item to continue.
Want more on Destiny 2? Our Destiny 2 guide tells you everything else there is to know on the game so far, including Adventures, Lost Sectors, Strikes, Treasure Map locations, Heroic Public Events, and Flashpoints. Elsewhere we explain how to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2, how to join Clans and how Legendary Shards work, Crucible tips, a Destiny 2 Exotics list, details on the Nightfall schedule, how to unlock classes and subclasses, and everything we know about the upcoming Destiny 2 Raid.
- In the original Xur had more than just Exotic weapons and armour to sell. He also had a permanent range of items on display, many of which aren't in the sequel. This included a Plasma Drive and Stealth Drive for 23 Strange Coins each (used to upgrade Rare sparrows to maximum speeds, each with a different vapor trail colour), 3x Heavy Ammo Synthesis for 1 Strange Coin and 10x Heavy Ammo Synthesis for 3 Strange Coins (used to instantly replenish your ammo reserves), one Exotic Shard (7 Strange Coins, used to update the level on Exotics), Glass Needles for 3 Strange Coins and 3 Motes of Light (for re-rolling Exotics), and Three of Coins (an item that would increase your Exotic drop rate). You can also exchange 2 Strange Coins for 1 Mote of Light.
- Xur also used to sell Ornament packs with Exotic Weapons, allowing you to pick up a firearm and several new skins to go with it. Though Ornaments are available, these bundles aren't available in the sequel.
- In case you were wondering, Xur is no longer available in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.
- Xur has made a cameo in another little known online game by Activision Blizzard named World of Warcraft, selling Curious Coins, Gjallar's Horn and Krota's Shield items. Sound familiar?