Destiny 2 weekly reset is the most important day in the week for those wanting to get the most out of Bungie's loot-filled shooter.
Many activities in the game - particularly those offering high level loot - are capped at dropping their rewards once per week, so learning the day these activities reset and start over is key to helping you reach higher levels and try out new challenges.
If you're interested in reaching higher levels in general, our Destiny 2 Power level page explains the ins and outs of how levelling works.
What time is the Destiny 2 weekly reset and daily reset?
The Destiny 2 weekly reset takes place every Tuesday at the following times:
- UK: 10am (BST)
- Europe: 11am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 5am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 2am (PDT)
Meanwhile, there is a daily reset of other activities, which also occur at the above times each day.
What changes in each Destiny 2 weekly reset and daily reset?
Now we know what time the reset changes, here is what changes when the reset occurs.
Weekly reset changes in Destiny 2
- Weekly Nightfall Strike
- New Flashpoint destination on one of the game's four planets
- Personal Clan XP contribution and Clan Engram rewards
- New Treasure Maps from Cayde-6
- Leviathan Raid progress and Keys reset
- Milestone progress and rewards reset for Call to Arms, Nightfall, Flashpoint, Clan XP
- Xur and Trials of the Nine disappear until Friday
As discussed in our Destiny 2 Power level explainer, you can only redeem Milestone rewards once per week, so make sure you complete them before the reset. If you complete them but don't redeem, then they will auto decrypt the next time you log in after the reset - nothing lost!
Daily reset changes in Destiny 2
- New Planet / Patrol Challenges
- New Crucible Challenges
- New Strike Challenges
Essentially, each day there is a new set of Challenges in set activities. In the first Destiny, vendors would rotate their wares on a daily or weekly basis - but that no longer appears to be the case in the sequel.
Want more help? Our Destiny 2 guide and walkthrough covers everything to get you up to speed. Elsewhere, we have articles on how to beat this week's Pyramidion Nightfall, find the latest Treasure Map locations and descriptions of the new Prestige Raid differences, plus other activities including Lost Sectors, Heroic Public Events, and Flashpoints on EDZ, Titan, Nessus and Io. We also explain how to Power level to the 265, 300 and 305 Power caps, as well as what to spend Glimmer on, how to join Clans and how Mods, Infusion, and Engrams and Legendary Shards work, a Destiny 2 Exotics list, available Ornaments, Trials of the Nine and the weekly reset, how to unlock classes and subclasses, and how to complete the Destiny 2 Raid. Finally, for those waiting for it, here are details of the Destiny 2 launch time on PC.
What other timed events happen in Destiny 2?
As well as the above weekly and daily changes, there are a couple of other events that happen each week worth taking note of:
- Xur (Friday to weekly reset): Weekly vendor selling Exotics and other valuable goods for Legendary Shards
- Trials of the Nine (Friday to weekly reset): Weekly Crucible event
- Guided Games Nightfall limited access: September 12th, 6pm UK / 10am Pacific
- Guided Games Raid and full Nightfall access: September 26th, 6pm UK / 10am Pacific
- Faction Rally (new Faction feature) - September 26th
- Iron Banner (week-long Crucible event every 6-8 weeks) - Starts October
- Prestige Raid (harder Raid) - Starts October