Pokémon Sun and Moon is offering a giveaway until early 2017 through its Mystery Gift online service - Snorlax pre-evolution Munchlax and the Snorlium Z item.
While advertised as a pre-order bonus, it's in fact available to all players who pick up the game in its launch window. Similar to Torchic in Pokémon X and Y, as long as you connect to the Mystery Gift service by January 11, 2017, you'll be able to add the giveaway to your game.
How to use Mystery Gift to download Munchlax and Snorlax Z Move Snorlium Z in Pokémon Sun and Moon
1) Turn on the Nintendo 3DS, boot up Pokémon Sun or Moon, then head to start screen. There, click Mystery Gift.
2) Next, select 'Get via Internet'. It'll take a few moments to connect (you need to be registered with a wireless network on your 3DS - if not, head to the system settings first, and repeat these steps).
3) On the next screen, select the 'Munchlax and Snorlium Z' option.
4) Wait a few moments, ensuring you don't lose any internet connection, or 3DS power.
5) When it says it's been successful, you can select 'Check the Card Album' from the Mystery Gift menu to double check it's there. Note there are multiple pages, don't panic if it's not on the first!
6) Once that's downloaded, enter your game and head to a Pokémon Center.
7) Inside, there will be a man in a yellow and blue striped shirt just to the left of the counter. Talk to him, and you'll receive the gifts! You'll need a free slot in your party to receive the Munchlax, but don't worry as the man won't leave until you receive it.
Need more tips? Use our Pokémon Sun and Moon Walkthrough and guide for the main story, our competitive training guide for info on IVs, EV training, Hyper Training and bottle cap farming, and breeding explained, our choice of the best Pokémon Sun and Moon starter from Rowlet, Litten and Popplio, as well as an in-progress list of where to find Zygarde Cells and Cores and our guide to the Battle Tree and both Battling and Trading in the Festival Plaza. We also have a list of QR codes list, Z Crystal locations, Mega Stone locations, Eevium Z Eevee User locations for Extreme Evoboost, evolutions for Alolan Forms and other new Sun and Moon Pokémon and fast way to increase a Pokémon's Happiness, plus how to transfer across Ash-Greninja from the Sun and Moon Demo, where to catch the Tapu Guardians, how to catch the Ultra Beasts, and how to download the Munchlax Mystery Gift.
Other things to know about Munchlax / Snorlium Z Mystery Gift in Pokémon Sun and Moon
- If you need to wipe your save and start the adventure over - if you wanted to reload your game and try for another Pokémon Sun and Moon starter, for example - you can re-download the Munchlax / Snorlium Z Mystery Gift again, allowing for one download per save file.
- The Snorlium Z Z Crystal, which is required for Z Move 'Pulverizing Pancake', is only available for Snorlax, which is Munchlax's evolution. Our Pokémon Sun and Moon Z Crystal locations explains more on how these work and where to find others in the game.
- To evolve Munchlax into Snorlax, it needs to have a high Happiness rating, which we explain how to do in our Pokémon Sun and Moon How to increase Happiness fast article.
That's all you need to know on Munchlax, but this isn't the only giveaway for Sun and Moon: check out our pages on the likes of the Mewtwo Mega Stones download code for more on that front!