Confirmed Destiny 2 Exotics are few and far between, with a recent gameplay reveal showing off three we know of so far.
Vanilla Destiny and its expansions offering dozens of Exotics across all weapon types and armour classes, so expect many more to be revealed in the coming months. But for now, here's three brand new Exotics on show.
How Destiny 2 Exotics appear to work
The gameplay reveal of Destiny 2 showcased a new Exotic alongside each playable class - shown in the below gameplay video by Gamer Network's Arekkz - though as with the original Destiny, weapons are expected to be class agnostic and only allow to have one equipped at any given time.
Though you couldn't closely inspect any weapons in the version of the game at the gameplay event, it did allow you to preview their stats and abilities, which are listed below, though be aware it's possible these elements could change before release.
What we also don't know is how you unlock these Exotics - whether through quests, through loot drops and / or a vendor such as Xur, or even a mechanic unique to the sequel.
Destiny 2 Exotics list - Sunshot, Sweet Business and Riskrunner
- Type: Solar Hand Cannon
- Description: "Can't outrun the sunrise." - Liu Feng
- Rounds per minute: 150
- Magazine: 8
- Perk: Sunburn - "Explosive rounds. Highlights targets. Targets killed with Sunshot explode in Solar energy."
- Type: Kinetic Auto Rifle
- Description: "...I love my job."
- Rounds per minute: 360
- Magazine: 90
- Perk: Payday - "Large mag. Increased hip fire accuracy. Holding down the trigger boosts this weapon's range and rate of fire, and automatically loads ammo pickups into the magazine."
- Type: Energy Arc Submachinegun
- Charge your soul, and let the electrons sing.
- Rounds per minute: 750
- Magazine: 40
- Perk: Arc Conductor - "Taking Arc damage increases weapon power. When Arc Conductor is active, shots fired have the chance to become chain lightning and return ammo."
There is also one other confirmed Exotic - the Borealis, which allows you to change between the three elemental attacks in one weapon - is a timed PlayStation exclusive.
Here's an odd one - the game's fifth Exotic was revealed not during gameplay, but with an interview at E3's Coliseum live stream with a replica held by The Big Show. How exactly it'll work in game is unknown, but here's a first glimpse. Kinda:
The Big Show is holding a replica of a new Destiny 2 exotic, called Cold Heart. pic.twitter.com/GLBu3gdI2F— Bungie Informer (@BungieInformer) June 13, 2017
As mentioned, there are many more Exotics yet to be revealed for Destiny 2 - we may see more during E3, gamescom and the beta, but expect the majority of them to wait until release on September 8 for consoles.