UPDATE: The No Man's Sky Path Finder Update comes out today. Hello Games has released a new video showing off the game's new features.
The update adds land vehicles, a permadeath mode and PS4 Pro support. Bases can now be shared online. Here's a summary, from Hello Games:
- PlayStation 4 Pro Support, and 4K optimisation
- Improved Lighting and Visuals
- Owning Multiple Ships
- Base Sharing Online
- Steam Workshop Integration
- New Vehicles - 3x Exocraft
- Permadeath Mode
- Build and Share Vehicle Race Tracks
- Ship Specialisations and Classes
- New currency and shops with Traders for tech and constructs
- Double the the amount of variety in Base Building
- Multi-tool Specialization and Classes
- New Weapons and Weapon Modes
- Photo Mode
- Improved Discovery Menu
- Most requested Quality of Life Improvements
- 50% more original music for 65daysofstatic
The patch notes are over at the No Man's Sky website.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Path Finder Update adds a new vehicle that aids home planet exploration, Hello Games said in a post on the No Man's Sky Steam page.
Here's the blurb from Hello Games:
- Shortly after we launched the Foundation Update, we released a number of patches to address issues reported by players before beginning work on the Path Finder update. We were surprised and excited by the response to Foundation, and we have been listening carefully to community feedback since then.
- To those of you who have spent time sharing feedback, whether positive or negative, we are listening.
- This is the next step in our journey. It shows the path forward. We hope you'll join us.
That's all we have for now. Patch notes will be released when the update goes live.