Sony has revealed a dozen new games heading to PS4. Some are going multi-format too.
There's some pretty great finds in here like Eurogamer favourites Spelunky, Nidhogg, and Skulls of the Shogun. The rest of the lineup isn't too shabby either with hilarious party game Starwhal: Just the Tip and promising subversive retro platfromer Axiom Verge bringing their unique flavours to Sony's platforms.
Spelunky creator Derek Yu noted on the US PlayStation Blog that Mossmouth is once again working with Blitworks - who did the PS3 and Vita conversions - on this latest PS4 build, which will feature 1080p graphics, more social features in the Daily Challenge mode, and an option to upload replays to the leaderboards.
Here's the full list of Sony's recently announced indie lineup:
- Nidhogg - Mark Essen's minimalist two-player fencing extravaganza.
- Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-a-Fide Edition - 17-Bit's turn-based strategy game.
- Source - Fenix Fire Games' stylish 3D Metroidvania.
- Chasm - Discord Games' procedurally-generated adventure platformer.
- Jamestown Plus - Final Form Games co-op shmup.
- Ironclad Tactics - Zachtronics' rapid-fire card-based strategy game.
- Apotheon - AlienTrap's stylish 2D ancient Greek platforming adventure.
- Escape Goat 2 - MagicTimeBean's puzzle platformer presented by Double Fine.
- Spelunky (PS4, PS3, Vita) - Mossmouth's epic action roguelike and maybe greatest game ever.
- Drifter (PS4 and Vita) - Celsius Game Studios' space exploration sandbox game.
- Starwhal: Just the Tip (PS4, PS3) - Breakfall's minimalist competitive multiplayer game about wobbly space creatures.
- Axiom Verge (PS4, Vita) - Pub Fund-supported retro Metroidvania about using glitches to overcome challenges.