Capcom Vancouver has released a huge 13GB title update for Xbox One exclusive Dead Rising 3 ahead of the launch of the Operation Broken Eagle downloadable episode.
The DLC, which launches tomorrow, includes performance and stability upgrades, Microsoft said. Ahead of release Digital Foundry discovered Dead Rising 3's framerate sometimes dropped below the 30fps mark while maintaining a 720p resolution.
In a Q&A on Xbox Wire, executive producer Josh Bridge said Capcom Vancouver had kept an eye on feedback as it prepared the game's first major update.
"We also looked at various performance improvements," he said. "In this type of big open-world game with tons of zombies and the ability to do whatever you want to do, like stacking a bunch of things and blowing them up, we knew we had to improve on those high points and tighten the gameplay experience. Finally, there were some stability issues that we dealt with to make everything that much smoother."
The update also fixes issues related to Achievements, UI updates and SmartGlass, as well as adding a new impulse trigger feature that lets players know when they're low on ammo.
At 13GB it's a huge title update. "With all of the fixes and everything, it's a large update of about 13 gigs, but we really recommend getting it to ensure compatibility with the online players and all of the upcoming add-on content that's coming out shortly as well," Bridge said.
The patch notes in full are below:
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn't present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
Operation Broken Eagle is the first episode in the Untold Stories of Los Perdidos DLC series. In it you control Spec Ops Commander Adam Kane, who is on a mission to capture the missing President of the United States. It costs Ł7.99 and for that you get a new mission, five new weapons, one new combo weapon, one new vehicle, a new clothing outfit plus more Gamerscore. You can carry experience points gained in the DLC back to Dead Rising 3.
The Ł23.99 Dead Rising 3 Season Pass includes Operation Broken Eagle and the three upcoming content packs - what amounts to a 25 per cent discount compared to buying them individually.
Each DLC content pack is single-player only, but their weapons and vehicles can be brought into the main game for co-op.
Meanwhile, Microsoft hailed Dead Rising 3 as a sales success. It said it was now the third best-selling Xbox One game and the fifth best-selling game across next generation platforms.