The question of "will Total War: Rome 2 run on my computer?" has been answered - the system specs have been released.
Creative Assembly's committment to keeping the base requirements the same for Rome 2 as they were for Shogun 2 means a dual-core processor, 2GB RAM and an oldish graphics card will see you through, although not in high resolutions.
Oh, and even Windows XP is supported.
- OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
- Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
But to experience Total War: Rome 2 properly, in all its grisly detail, you'll need something more powerful.
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Total War: Rome 2 is due out 3rd September - a Tuesday.