2K Games has announced the Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack, a collection of DLC for Gearbox's open-world shooter that will collect all of its digital content up through its second add-on campaign.
Due worldwide on 26th February for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, the Add-On Content Pack will be priced at $29.99 and contains $40 worth of DLC including:
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty campaign.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage campaign.
- Gaige, the Mechromancer; the game's fifth playable character.
- Access to the Creature Slaughter Dome battle arena where you can earn Mad Moxxi's rare rocket launcher.
- Unique weapons including the Gearbox Gun Pack and Skyrocket Grenade.
- Additional heads and skins.
- A Golden Key to unlock rare loot from the golden chest in Sanctuary.
Importantly, the Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack does not contain Borderlands 2 itself and the parent game is necessary to run anything in it.
Borderlands 2's first two expansions were both awarded 9/10s at Eurogamer (as was Borderlands 2 for that matter). "This is a vast, generous offering: a true expansion from a developer that obviously cares deeply about its creation, rather than a corporate cash-grab mandated by the boardroom," wrote Dan Whitehead in his Captain Scarlett review.
"The Campaign of Carnage is yet more evidence that nobody does post-release game expansion better than the Borderlands team," added Simon Parkin in his review of the second expansion, which he called "essential."