Historical stabathon Assassin's Creed 3 is the latest game to drop Windows XP support for its upcoming version.
You can however use rubbish Windows Vista, better Windows 7 or the swanky new Windows 8.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has also decided it is too good for Microsoft's aging Windows XP operating system - which, to be fair, first launched in 2001. Which makes us feel old.
The full list of Assassin's Creed 3 PC requirements lies below, courtesy of Ubisoft's customer help website.
Minimum System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better
Laptop versions of these cards may work, but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.