The beta for Skyrim's upcoming 1.7 title update is available now on Steam, Bethesda has announced.
The patch will come to consoles next and include features PS3 players missed out on from the 1.6 update, like mounted combat.
Below is the full list of fixes:
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
- vFixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
To partake in the Beta, follow these instructions:
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.