PAX Prime 2012 has announced its selection of 10 indie games to highlight as part of its annual PAX 10 showcase.
This year's standouts include:
- Containment: The Zombie Puzzler (Bootsnake Games, iPad and PC); puzzle - Out now
- Deity (DigiPen, PC); isometric stealth action - Out now
- Offspring Fling! (Kyle Pulver, PC and Mac); platformer - Out now
- Puzzlejuice (Asher Vollmer, iOS); puzzle/word game - Out now
- Splice (Cipher Prime, PC and Mac); puzzle - Out now
- Johann Sebastian Joust (Die Gute Fabrik, Mac with PS Move); monitor-less party game
- The Bridge (Ty Taylor and Mario Castaneda, PC); puzzle
- The Swapper (Facepalm Games, PC); puzzle/platformer
- Cannon Brawl (Turtle Sandbox, PC and Xbox 360); action/strategy
- Catch-22 (Mango Down!, iOS and Facebook); One-Button Arcade Game
We've already selected Containment as an App of the Day, where yours truly wrote, "Containment is smart, fast, quirky, and more distinctive than it has any right to be."
Oli Welsh also investigated Johann Sebastion Joust at GDC. "The object of the game is to knock other players out by jostling their controllers, while protecting your own," he wrote.
Creator Douglas Wilson said "It's an excuse, or an alibi, for the players to look like a**holes and make everyone in the room laugh."
Additionally, Deity is a freeware game, so feel free to give it a spin here.
For more information on this year's PAX 10, check out the official site.
PAX Prime is set for 30th August to 2nd September in Seattle, Washington.