A monumental title update for acclaimed PC strategy sequel Total War: Shogun 2 goes live later this week to coincide with the release of the Fall of the Samurai expansion.
New features offered in the free download include extra maps, 40v40 battles and improved AI.
A few of the changes are specific to Fall of the Samurai though the vast majority apply to Shogun 2 as well.
The headline additions are below, but for the full gargantuan changelog head on over to the game's official site.
- 40v40 unit battles available via 'control large armies' option in Custom Battles and Multiplayer
- Numerous Battle and Campaign AI improvements (see Battle and Campaign sections below)
- Greatly reduced save-game file sizes (meaning reduced game save and load times) and full Steam Cloud support
- Battlefield load time improvement (approximately 30% dependent on machine spec)
- Greatly reduced AI turn-time
- 22 brand new Land, Naval and Siege battle-maps