BioWare has responded to fans who have vented their frustration with the game's performance on the official Star Wars: The Old Republic forum.
A series of lengthy threads attested to performance issues that caused framerates to plummet when players entered interior locations.
"Our development team and our production team have been investigating this issue and we want to thank everyone who has posted constructively on this thread," the BioWare post, written by community representative "Arrthen", began.
"You've provided the development team with a basis for investigation into the low FPS issues, and with your help they have identified and are in the process of resolving the indoor framerate drop."
A detailed blog post outlining the problem - and the proposed fix - is due from the technical team shortly. In the mean time, if you're experiencing framerate issues, the BioWare technical team has recommended the following course of action.
- Close any and all applications running in the background.
- Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
- Change the settings to favour performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
- Turning off "bloom" in the graphic options in game.
- Turning shadows off and shaders low.
- Update your drivers.
Thanks to niro78 for the tip.