Everybody's Golf and Uncharted: Golden Abyss are the two most popular game in the Japanese Vita launch line-up, according to Sony exec Shuhei Yoshida.
Speaking in an interview with the PlayStation Blog, Yoshida revealed that the games, both published by Sony Worldwide Studios, are the most pre-ordered titles in the country.
"We collect data from retailers taking pre-orders and we know that Everybody's Golf is the most popular and Uncharted: Golden Abyss is number two. I'm very proud that they are both Worldwide Studios titles," he said.
For reference, the full launch line-up looked like this:
- BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - 2D fighting game (Arc System Works)
- Project N.O.E.L.S. (working title) - music player (Arc System Works)
- 3gokushi touchbattle (working title) - MMO/RTS (AQ Interactive)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - fighting game (Capcom) - Launch title
- Nature of Night of Kamaitachi - 11th visitor, A Suspect (tentative) - adventure: sound novel (Chunsoft)
- F1 2011 - racing game (Codemasters)
- Dream C Club Zero Portable - dating simulation game (D3 Publisher)
- Niconico - Niconico (Dwango)
- Fis Oh - sport fishing (Kadokawa Games)
- Katamari Damacy (working title) - roll-'em-up (Namco Bandai)
- Ridge Racer (working title) - racing game (Namco Bandai)
- Disgaea 3 Return - strategy RPG (Nippon Ichi Software)
- Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition - sport tennis (Sega)
- @field - sport golf (Sonic Powered)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss - action adventure (Sony)
- Little Deviants - mini-game collection (Sony)
- Minnato Issho - social communications (Sony)
- Hot Shots Golf Next (Everybody's Golf Next) - sport golf (Sony)
- Yuusha no kiroku (TBD) - life management (Sony)
- Monster Radar - location-based game (Sony)
- Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja - stealth action (Spike)
- Army Corps of Hell - action (Square Enix)
- Lord of Apocalypse - action RPG (Square Enix)
- Dynasty Warriors Next - action with a bit of thinking (Tecmo Koei)
- Dark Quest - RPG (Ubisoft)
- Michael Jackson: The Experience HD - rhythm action (Ubisoft)
We'll find out exactly how many copies of Uncharted and Everybody's Golf were sold tomorrow, when the weekly Japanese sales chart is released.
As reported earlier today, the Vita sold 321,407 units in its first two days on sale in Japan last week.