Sony US has revealed PlayStation Network's best-selling independent games of 2011.
The platform holder broke the category down into three separate charts: self-published, SCEA-published and games that came out of its Pub Fund initiative.
Playdead's stylish platformer Limbo took the self-published crown, Q-Games' PixelJunk Shooter 2 dominated the SCEA chart and Big Sandwich Games' strategy effort Hoard came out on top in the Pub Fund rundown.
Here's how each list looked, as published on the PlayStation Blog:
Top 10 Best-Selling Indie PSN Games of 2011 - Third-Party Self-Published
- Limbo (Playdead)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth)
- TestYourself Psychology (Creat Studios)
- Marvel Pinball (Zen Studios)
- Worms 2 Armageddon (Team 17)
- Dungeon Defenders (Trendy Entertainment)
- Armageddon Riders (Targem Games)
- Braid (Number None Inc.)
- UnderSiege (Seed Studios)
- Hamsterball (TikGames)
Top 10 Best-Selling PSN Games of 2011- SCEA-Published Indies
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Q-Games)
- Fat Princess (Titan Studios)
- Flower (thatgamecompany)
- Aquatopia (Playlogic Entertainment)
- Hustle Kings (VooFoo Sudios)
- Eat Them! (FluffyLogic)
- Top Darts (Devil's Details)
- Super Stardust HD (Housemarque)
- Linger in Shadows (Plastic)
- Rag Doll Kung Fu (Qi Studios)
Top 5 Best-Selling Pub Fund Titles of 2011
- Hoard (Big Sandwich Games)
- Tales From Space: About a Blob (DrinkBox)
- Joe Danger (Hello Games)
- Eufloria (Omni Systems Limited)
- Explodemon! (Curve Studios)
"PSN has been the only platform to fully embrace indie developers, and in 2012, more indie-developed PSN exclusives are on the way, including Papo & Yo, Retrograde, Closure, Dyad, and many more," commented PSN director Susan Panico.