Creative Assembly has released a patch for Total War: Shogun 2.
There are alterations to add-on Rise of Samurai, as well as broader tweaks to the acclaimed strategy game.
This patch should be live now. Notes below.
Rise of the Samurai
- Fixed forum issue enabling players to exceed the maximum veteran slot limit
- Fixed bug where Chosokabe Daikyu Samurai could be recruited
- Fixed bug where Realism mode wasn't being saved
- Fixed bug where players had to add an extra unit to ready up after a classic MP battle
- Fixed bug where replay battle type didn't update correctly when switching between types
- Fixed issue with Invite Friends and Weather tickboxes
- Fixed bug where duplicate experienced and veteran units displayed incorrect cost
- State Academy entry in Encylopaedia now displays correctly
- Fixed bug where remaining funds did not update when player switches sides in a siege battle
- Fixed crash bug when starting a 1v3 on a 2v2 map
- Fixed bug where grouped units could not be given orders after rallying from a rout
- Fixed issue where players with a full unit roster could still click 'add to army'
- Fixed bug where the cutscene after the Nagashino historical battle caused a lockup
- Fixed bug where clearing then loading an army containing Hero units prevented Hero units from appearing as selectable units on the unit selection group
- Infantry officer: retainer's effect is +2 instead of +1
- Yari master: Reduce spear defence from 3 to 2
- Unabalanced spears: reduced effect from -3 to -2 (the counter to yari master)
- Stricken unholy forge: tweaked to affect all monk units
- World weary: morale penalty removed
- European gun smith: Tweaked to affect reload
- Way of the Ikko-Ikki: +10% now affects monks and ashigaru, with +2 melee defence rather than +3
- Rennyo's teachings: Morale boost now +1 rather than +2 and +3 melee defence rather than +4
- Spear and naginata units are now distinct so that spear retainers do not benefit naginata units. This affects a number of overpowered army/retainer combinations to reduce their effectiveness.
- Samurai Archers reduced in cost by 50 koku
- Great Guard cap raised to 2
- Matchlocks reduced in cost as they are now less effective with previous friendly fire fixes
- Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry capped to 3 max to reduce potency