UPDATE: Famitsu (via Andriasang) has revealed the Japanese Ridge Racer Vita DLC schedule in full.
- 22nd December: Visual Demo Appli, Music Pack 1 R4#1 and Music Pack 2 R4#2. These are all free. The Visual Demo Appli is the playable demo that was shown at E3 2011. The music packs include music from R4.
- 12th January: Music Pack 3 Ridge Racer V #1, Music Pack 4 Ridge Racers #1 -- Free (Ridge Racers is the name of the first PSP Ridge Racer game)
- 19th January: Music Pack 5 Ridge Racers #2 -- Free
- 26th January: Music Pack 6 Ridge Racers #3 -- Free
- 2nd February: Music Pack 7 Ridge Racer 6 #1 -- Free
- 9th February: Music Pack 8 Ridge Racer 6 #2 -- Free
- 16th February: Ridge Racer Pass. Priced ¥1,600, this lets you purchase all the download content that will be released between February and May. Through 29th February, this will be discounted to ¥1,000.
- 23rd February: Car 1 Promessa, priced ¥250, and Course 1 Old Central, priced ¥400. These two will be free through 29th February. Also due on the 23rd is Music Pack 10 Ridge Racer 7 #1, also free.
- 3rd March: Cars 2 to 4, priced ¥250 each, and Course 2 and 3, priced ¥400 each. Music Pack 11 to 15, available for free. A "Medley" will also be released, priced ¥100.
- April to May: Cars 5 to 8, priced ¥250 each, and Course 4 to 6 priced ¥400, Music Pack 16 to 19 free, and New Song Pack 2 and Medley 2 for ¥100 each.
ORIGINAL STORY: Ridge Racer Vita only has three courses and five cars to choose from - but you can add to that, for a price.
Fans were angered last week after it emerged that the Vita game, to be sold at a reduced price tag, only includes a handful of cars and tracks.
Publisher Namco Bandai promised to beef up the offering with downloadable content - now we know you'll have to pay for it.
Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by Andriasang) reveals Namco Bandai plans weekly DLC for Ridge Racer Vita. This includes a free DLC music pack featuring music from past Ridge Racer games.
Premium DLC begins in mid-February. 23rd February sees the release of at least one car ¥250 (£2) and one course ¥400 (£3.30).
In March three cars and two courses will release. These do not have a price. And April and May will see four cars and three courses launch.
Namco Bandai will bundle some of the DLC together. A pack with all the DLC through to May will launch on 16th Feb for ¥1600 (£13.20).
Ridge Racer Vita carries a reduced ¥3980 (around £33) price tag, knocked down further to ¥2980 (around £25) for all digital purchases before 31st March. The majority of boxed Vita titles will sell for ¥4980 (around £41) in Japan.