Bethesda has offered full details of what's included in the latest Skyrim title update, as spotted by some PlayStation 3 users earlier today.
The headline feature is a patch for a game-breaking PS3 save bug - which it tags as "improved" rather than "fixed" - but there are a number of other performance-enhancing tweaks too, including a fix for the Xbox 360 texture installation issue. See the full changelog below for details, as published on the Bethesda Blog.
The update is available for download on PlayStation 3 now, with a PC and Xbox 360 roll-out expected on Wednesday.
- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)