Steampunk PC shooter Hard Reset has gained a new survival mode and Nvidia 3DVision support in a fresh Steam patch.
Survival mode sees players face waves of enemies armed only with basic weapons. The action re-visits locations from the game's main campaign.
The update also adds the ability to play wearing snazzy 3D glasses, with Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround support patched in.
Hard Reset is the first game from Flying Wild Hog, a Polish developer with members of People Can Fly (Bulletstorm), CD Projekt Red (The Witcher) and City Interactive (Sniper: Ghost Warrior).
The full patch notes lie below.
Hard Reset 1.2 patch
- New Survival Mode. Two new maps are available: 'Arrival Hall' and 'Landing Pad'.
- To launch Survival Mode, select 'New Game' and then 'Survival Mode'
- Survival Mode is available in all the difficulty levels selectable for Hard Reset Campaign.
- Added Leaderboards for the Survival Mode.
- Full Nvidia 3dVision support.
- Full Nvidia Surround support.
- Support for multiple displays - recommended 3 display adapters for best effects, and several non-standard resolution modes.
- To select the triple display mode in the game, change the Aspect Ratio to 'Other' in the Video Options menu, then select a resolution you wish to use.
- Note that the 'Other' mode will be available only if you have 3 displays connected to your PC.
- Added a 'Details' tab in the Profile screen - now you are able to check the score you achieved on each of the game's levels.
- During bullettime, falling down won't cause additional damage to players.
- Changed the way how the Mortar Cyborgs react to player in vicinity.
- Crawling gorillas will explode when trying to jump off a higher place.
- Changed the way how Melee Cyborgs behave - now you are able to avoid their attacks while sprinting - their aoe frontal cone was lowered.
- All the crosshairs will be displayed in an appropriate way to objects in front of the player for 3dVision.
- Changed the way how the messages and hints are displayed to a way more appropriate for 3dVision.
- Changed the way how dynamic lightning is rendered on decals.
- Changed the way how weapons are displayed on screen.
- Changed the way how the HUD is displayed both in 3d and on multiple displays.
- Improved support for dual SLI users.