Sony has revealed the PlayStation Vita box (ooh) and descriptions of all launch applications (aah).
The box, cardboard, has a swirly, two-toned blue pattern.
On the pictured PlayStation Vita screen you'll see some beguiling but friendly icons. Let's decipher them together, using the European PlayStation blog's key.
- Welcome Park (the hand pointing at numbers 1, 2, 3) - Mini-games to get you to know the Vita
- Party (little man with headset) - Assemble a group of eight people to text, voice and cross-game chat with
- PlayStation Store (shopping bag) - Buy things for money
- Group Messaging (speech bubble) - Send updates, pictures to friends
- Photos (camera) - Photo taker and viewer
- Near ("near") - Location-based social tool
- Trophies (trophy) - What you've earned
- Music (quaver music note) - Music player
- Friends (two square heads) - Friends list, organiser
- Internet Browser ("www") - Surf the web
PlayStation Vita arrives in Japanese shops on 17th December - 26 games are promised for launch.
Europe and the US still await the specifics of an early 2012 release date.