Following yesterday's Deus Ex fashion line announcement, Modern Warfare 3 is the latest brand to jump on the catwalk, this time with officially sanctioned "gaming eyewear".
Gunnar Optiks has teamed up with Activision for the specs, which boast custom spring hinges, a magnesium alloy frame and wide coverage lenses for "an ultra sharp view into the farthest ranges of your peripheral vision".
"Not only will the limited edition eyewear provide a visual advantage to gamers through those long nights of intense action," explained Gunnar boss Rob Aarnes, "but they will be able to show their affinity for the new blockbuster and look badass while playing it."
Eye of the beholder, etc.
The glasses, pictured below, launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 on 8th November via BestBuy, priced at $99 in the US.
A UK price hasn't been announced yet, but Gunnar confirmed they will be available on European shores.
For the curious, here's a full list of key features:
- Amber Tint - Specially formulated lens tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution
- Minimizes Eye Fatigue - Lens geometry and tint reduces visual stress and dry eyes
- Reduces Glare - Lens coatings and material reduces glare and improves visual focus
- Improves Focus - Amber lens tint and geometry help your eyes focus more naturally improving comfort and protecting against fatigue
- Sharpens Detail - i-AMP lens technology enhances detail for sharper, clearer vision
- Fit - Lightweight frame, extended coverage, adjustable nose pads, and custom spring hinges
- 20/20 Ready - Out of the box solution for 20/20 or 20/20 corrected vision
- Rx Compatible - Custom Prescriptions are available through Gunnar's prescription program with Carl Zeiss Vision across approximately 15,000 eye care providers nationwide (US)