A new title update has just hit Steam for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops, developer Treyarch has announced.
The patch - fully detailed below - re-balances weapons, fixes exploits, smooths over a few bugs and makes preparations for the impending arrival of modding tools.
A post today on Treyarch community manager Josh Olin's Twitter feed confirmed that those modding tools are still on schedule to arrive before the end of the month.
Here's the full changelog for patch 1.09:
- Added support for mods in preparation for the upcoming tools release.
- Addressed various MP & Zombie exploits.
- Improved memory utilization in MP.
- Improved DLC filter in server browser – you can now hide any servers running content you do not own.
- Corrected issue which sometimes required repurchase of emblems or clan tags on weapons.
- Address some cases in which player could not receive Zombie invites.
- Replaced RPG with Grim Reaper in Gun Game Wager Match.
- Fine-tuned napalm and bombing-run damage indoors.
- Prevented rare invulnerability issue.
- Demolition bombs can no longer explode and be defused at the same time.
- Spy plane now activates in One in the Chamber in all cases.
- The "Sprint Kills" challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.
- Addressed a rare issue where a hacked camera spike would not function properly if the hacker also had a camera spike that was destroyed.
- Recording a clip with the speed mode for 2 cameras set to .1 will no longer increase in speed when switching perspectives back and forth.
- Improvements to Zipline functionality when viewed in Theater mode.
- Settings from custom games are all cleared and no longer carry over from one custom match to another.
- Nova gas will now affect players that are standing over their tactical insertion.
- Hardcore players who kill another teammate in Second Chance now lose the proper amount of points.
- Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely.