A new title update for the PC version of multiplayer FPS Brink is ready for download now via Steam.
The patch makes a number of tweaks aimed at improving performance and cutting down on lag, as well as offering a refined version of the standalone dedicated server. Full changelog below.
As detailed earlier this week, lag-smashing updates are also due later this week for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users.
- Fixed sound dropping out when playing networked games
- Improved graphical performance, especially when using Ambient Occlusion
- Fixed voice packs being reset to default when you delete another character
- Removed ability to use certain cheat protected commands in challenges
- Fixed memory leak/crash when alt-tabbed out
- Full servers are no longer filtered out of the browser
- Added support for entering a range of numbers (i.e. 10-12) in server filters
- Reduced font size in the server browser
- Exiting Head customization returns to the correct menu
- Fixed being unable to bind KP_Enter in the UI
- Increased font size of in-game text chat
- 'Enter' now closes text chat prompt if empty
- Fixed challenge in menu flashing even after completion
- Improved dedicated server CPU performance
- Fixed NPC not spawning for escort objectives online on servers using unsupported cvars