Hardware sales are in a horrid state in Japan this week, with almost all systems suffering sizable slumps.
According to the latest Media Create figures, as reported by Andriasang, the PSP remained on top with 34,655 sales, well down on the 54,882 it managed the week prior.
The 3DS came in second, limping in at under 20,000 units for the first time in its short life, followed by the PlayStation 3 and Wii – the latter posting its lowest ever seven day total.
Here's the full hardware chart:
- PSP: 34,655 (Last week: 54,882)
- 3DS: 18,324 (29,149)
- PS3: 13,789 (20,883)
- Wii: 6,336 (11,520)
- DSi LL: 5,358 (10,519)
- DSi: 5,292 (8,708)
- X360: 2,763 (3,419)
- PS2: 1,319 (1,696)
- DS Lite: 208 (289)
- PSP go: 171 (258)
Things were just as bleak over on the software side too. DS RPG spin-off Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 clung on to the top spot, followed by manga tie-in Haruhi Suzumiya no Tsuisou at two and 3DS sub sim Steel Diver at three.
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix, DS): 20,722 (LTD: 475,503)
- Haruhi Suzumiya no Tsuisou (Namco Bandai, PS3): 18,831 NEW!
- Steel Diver (Nintendo, 3DS): 17,408 NEW!
- Haruhi Suzumiya no Tsuisou (Namco Bandai, PSP): 14,953 NEW!
- Patapon 3 (SCEJ, PSP): 12,959 (83,883)
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami, PSP): 10,166 (152,034)
- Planetarian -- Chiisa na Hoshi no Yume Tohoku Earthquake Charity Version (Prototype, PSP): 9,222 NEW!
- Final Promise Story (Imageepoch, PSP): 6,915 (85,536)
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami, PS3): 6,586 (147,064)
- 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Hakai Volume (Namco Bandai, PSP): 6,290 (398,964)
For reference, here's last week's chart.