A new Dragon Age II patch has gone live for Mac and PC users, BioWare has announced.
Available from the developer's official site now, the 1.02 update fixes a number of bugs, improves general performance and limits crashes.
BioWare also revealed that the update is on its way to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 too.
"The console version of this patch will be known as the 1.01 Title Update and is still undergoing final certification with Microsoft and Sony," wrote senior designer Rob Bartel on the BioWare forums. "We expect them to release late this week or early next."
Here are the full patch notes:
- The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving.
- Anders's default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate.
- Aveline's final armor upgrade is now available during "Favor and Fault."
- Aveline's Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated.
- The warrior's Rally talent now functions as described.
- The rogue's Lacerate talent now functions as described.
- Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly.
- Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker's Sigh potion, then saving and reloading.
- Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke estate after the main campaign is complete.
- Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur.
Quests (spoiler warning):
- "Duty" will now appear on the Chanter's Board even if the player accepted all of the board's quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
- The journal for "Duty" will now update if the player left the Docks (Night) area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries.
- In "Finders Keepers," the door to Woodrow's Warehouse will now open if the player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster's office.
- In "Finders Keepers," if the player leaves Woodrow's Warehouse before finding the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
- In "Herbalist's Tasks," the varterral's heart is now available even if the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest.
- Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of "A New Path" before the plot has been completed.
- Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
- Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
- Varric's Embellishment talent no longer incorrectly refers to movement speed.
- It is now easier to select party members by clicking on their portraits when the level-up arrow is displayed.
- The game now functions correctly if the Windows desktop is set to 150% size.
- The video options menu now allows a wider full-screen gamma range.
- Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur.
- Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.