Toot your horns and go bananas because a patch for the PC version of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit has been released.
Update 1.03 eradicates crashes caused by ATI and embedded Intel graphics cards. The patch also rectifies problems caused by alt-tabbing and by using steering wheel controllers.
What's more, EA and developer Criterion are chucking three free cars in: a Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, a Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.
Note that when you patch to version 1.03, you won't be able to play against or with someone running version 1.02.
Update 1.03 measures 101MB and can be downloaded via developer Criterion's website.
The blow-by-blow update:
- Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
- Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
- Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
- Player car engine audio volume too low.
- Some issues with CPU performance.
- Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen.