Guerrilla Games will improve the multiplayer portion of upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive Killzone 3 with a patch set for release shortly after the game.
It'll address a raft of issues identified by players who participated in the open beta, which has now closed.
Here's what to expect:
- Support for colour-blind players
- Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
- Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to control over games modes and settings; secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with; the ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used; toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc; selecting which careers you want available to players; allow friendly fire to be turned on or off; faction switching enabled or disabled
- The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
- Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
- Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
- Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
- Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
- Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
- Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
- Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
- Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
- The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
- A menu option to allow squad-only chat
- The addition of a Mute All button
- Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
- Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8)
These changes come in addition to already fixed issues, such as server stability and network errors.
According to a post on the Killzone blog, this list of improvements "is just the beginning".
"We'd like to thank all of you for taking such an active part in the Killzone community and we sincerely appreciate all of the time you've put into the open beta test. We simply can't thank you enough!"