The latest Battlefield 2142 update makes the Northern Strike booster pack free to all players, developer DICE has announced.
First released back in 2007 to measured Eurogamer acclaim, the DLC adds ten new unlocks, three new maps, two new vehicles and a new Conquest-esque mode called Assault Lines.
On top of that, DICE is adding in a few fan-made maps and a number of minor gameplay tweaks too. You can see the full list of changes below.
Offering a futuristic spin on DICE's long-running FPS franchise, Battlefield 2142 launched on PC back in 2006, winning 7/10 from Eurogamer. The next game in the series, Battlefield 3, hits PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year.
Fixes in v1.51:
- Added extra account security fixes
- Added fix for nVidia drivers to solve tinitus visual effect
- Hit detection bug fix: Changed so that latency compensation history takes correct stored positions from buffer
- Updated as_titan_wake.tweak to allow for two attack choppers instead of the one previously allowed
New Features in v1.51:
- Added Operation Blue Pearl by Bjorn Sundell with special thanks to Jason Brice for lightmaps and finishing
- Added Yellow Knife, Molokai and Strike at Karkand 2142 maps made by Jason Brice
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
Visit the game's official site for a list of region-specific download locations.