Bulletstorm publisher EA wants you to know that its forthcoming OTT shooter isn't your average FPS. To help illustrate the fact, it's knocked up a quick Call of Duty spoof to spell out the differences.
Duty Calls - "the most epically epic game of all time" - is a fully playable five minute long mini-FPS available for download now. According to EA, its key features include:
- Duty Vision™ slows down the action so you can unload a storm of bullets
- Immersive dialogue from the front lines
- Cold, calculated realism
- Killing animations motion captured from real actors
- True-life reloading system allows for mistakes in putting the cartridge in the gun
- Iconic sound effects
- Thwart an enemy threat that could topple the country and possibly the world
- Significant and historically accurate props
You'll need a PC with 760 MB to spare (it doesn't seem to like Macs) to check it out, but believe us, it's worth the effort. Chuckles guaranteed.
We're onto EA's BFF and Call of Duty publisher Activision to see if it finds it as funny as we did.