A new update for Rage is ready for download, adding a host of new features to id Software's portable iOS shooter.
The v1.11 patch bolts on a new Mirror Mode, gyroscopic controls, full support for Apple's Game Center service and a bunch of other minor tweaks.
Here's the full run-down of changes:
- Game Center Leaderboards – Compare your daily, weekly and all-time scores with friends as well as global leaders.
- Game Center Achievements – More than 50 achievements to unlock. Career, map and difficulty specific challenges!
- Gyroscope Support (iPhone 4 & iPod touch 4) – Hold and move your iPhone in front of you like a virtual window with full gyroscopic aiming control.
- Museum Mode – Explore the levels at your own pace, eerily void of any mutants. Take-in a taste of the spectacular RAGE universe, powered by id Tech megatexturing technology
- 2nd Display Support – Play on a TV or Monitor using your iDevice as a controller. Output 480p over the official Apple Component cable & 720p over the official Apple VGA cable.
- Mirror Mode – mirrored levels flips the world for a new shooting experience.
- Language Localization – now in French, Italian, German & Spanish.
- Additional Bug Fixes
The on-rails shooter won a middling 6/10 from Eurogamer's Mark Brown last month. The full FPS upon which it is based is due to launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time next year.