The first in a series of free level packs has just gone live for vicious Xbox Live Arcade jumper Super Meat Boy.
Exclusive to Xbox 360, The Sewers of Dross pack adds 20 new levels, though the game's titular hero cedes the limelight to Gish, a 12lb lump of tar moonlighting from the 2004 PC indie platformer of the same name.
"This setup allows us to make chapters that no other character could beat except the one in question, a very fun restriction that allows us to make totally fresh levels that almost make the game feel like a whole new platformer," explained developer Team Meat on its blog.
The DLC will be free, though you'll need to have unlocked the 'Teh Internets' area in the game by collecting at least 20 bandages.
Team Meat also lifted the lid on future DLC plans for the game, posting the following schedule:
- 12.??.2010 - Meat Boy (retro chapter based on the best of the meat boy flash prototype)
- 12.??.2010 - I Meat Boy (we take the best levels in the game, remix them and make them harder!)
- Q1 2011 - CommanderVideo Chapter (character exclusive chapter for commandervideo)
- Q1 2011 - I wanna be the Kid (20 levels as hard as the kids warp zone, exclusive to the kid)
- Q1 2011 - Best of user made p1 (20 of the best user submitted PC levels)
Can't wait for I Meat Boy. It's not as if the game was hard enough already.
Super Meat Boy launched on Xbox Live Arcade last month, winning a 9/10 from Eurogamer's Tom Bramwell.
A PC version is due on 30th November, with a WiiWare take to hopefully follow next year.